Top Places Mold Will Grow
Mold is probably one of the last things you want to find in your home. It smells, can discolor and warp different materials, and can have a negative impact on your health. If you're wondering if you have mold, or just want to know where to look out for in your home, here's a list of the top 5 places mold loves in your home.
- Roofs. If your roof has, or previously had, a leak, mold can begin to grow that way.
- Windows. Sometimes windows need to be resealed, and if they aren't they will let the moisture in that keeps mold growing.
- Areas affected by previous water damage. Any previous water damage, from years ago or yesterday, can create perfect conditions for mold to grow.
- Caulking around sinks. Sometimes it seems like no matter how often you wipe it down, the caulk around the sink never looks clean. That is probably mold, not dirt, and requires specialty cleaning products to remove.
- Pipes. In some circumstances, mold can grow in an around pipes.
If you notice mold growth in your home, we are here to help. Mold should never be removed with bleach as it is not effective on most surfaces, and may not completely eliminate the growth. Contact us if you are concerned about a mold growth in your home or office.